At our latest INSPIREDtalk we heard from Dr. Elizabeth Lombardo, one of America’s most-trusted celebrity psychologists. Read our key takeaways and watch the video below!
On Thursday July 15, 2021, Mission Wealth hosted the fourth INSPIREDtalk as part of Mission Wealth's latest Inspired Living™ service offering.
At this INSPIREDtalk we heard from Dr. Elizabeth Lombardo, who is the authority on how to crush your inner critic so that you can live your life with purpose, fulfillment, and True Success™. As one of America’s most-trusted celebrity psychologists, Dr. E has helped Fortune 500 companies like Coca-Cola as well as being a regular contributor to the TODAY show, Good Morning America, Dr. Oz, Forbes and The New York Times.
Watch Dr. Lombardo's INSPIREDtalk
Read the Top Takeaways from Dr. Lombardo's INSPIREDtalk
During times of change and uncertainty (in the world and within ourselves), questions often arise. Perhaps instead of “who am I?” a better exploration might be “who do I want to be?”
This discussion presents Dr. E’s patented framework to Cultivate True SuccessTM, discovering your unique answers to this important question, especially as it relates to your emotional wellbeing and family relations. Let’s align your passion, purpose and people so that you can be your best self.
- Get out of the "Red Zone" - high levels of distress.
- Do not believe everything you hear (between your ears) - science has shown that we have around 60,000 thoughts in a day; how helpful or accurate are those thoughts?
- Utilize problem and emotional-focused coping strategies. - can you change the situation itself or just the emotional response and distress level?
- Learn mental fitness and resilience, especially when dealing with stressful transitions (divorce, loss of a spouse or parent, empty nest, etc.).
- Learn how to live a happier, more joy-filled and balanced life.
- Embrace aging and beyond: you may never look as good as you do now.
- Stop intimidation by the next chapter - "a hot tube syndrome".
- Dealing with change is difficult, however you eventually acclimate to that change, just as sticking your foot in a hot tub; it may be too hot at first but you eventually are neck deep.
- Explore emotional readiness for retirement.
Find purpose not only through other people, but on your own.
- Finding meaning in your life
- How do you spend resources
- What are you doing (i.e., experiences, growth and contribution)
- How do you view yourself
- Find your "new me" - transition your identity and self-worth from career and being an active parent to something new.
- Enrich unconditional self-worth (regardless, based on values) versus conditional self-worth (based on if criteria are met and comparing to others).
- Apply your "one thing."
- Balance your life.
- Find characteristics you admire in others; these are characteristics you admire in yourself.
- Apply the over-under principle -for every outward behavior, there is a positive underlying motivation, and an assumed cause.
- Speak in their love language.
- Develop new traditions.
- Create emotional connections with our children that can last a lifetime.
- When we engage in a behavior, we tend to focus on our own motivation. When we focus on others behavior, we assume their motivation.
- Use the 5:1 rule. For every piece of feedback, provide 5 instances of positive and love languages.
- "Just because you have doesn't mean you should."
About the Speaker | Dr. Elizabeth Lombardo
Dr. Elizabeth Lombardo is the authority on how to crush your inner critic so that you can live your life with purpose, fulfillment, and True Success™. As one of America’s most-trusted celebrity psychologists, Dr. E has helped Fortune 500 companies like Coca-Cola as well as being a regular contributor to the TODAY show, Good Morning America, Dr. Oz, Forbes and The New York Times.
A Licensed Practicing Psychologist with a Master’s degree in Physical Therapy and a Ph.D. in Psychology, Dr. Lombardo’s expertise contributes to articles in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune, SUCCESS, Fast Company, The Huffington Post, Forbes and other respected publications.
Watch Other INSPIREDtalk Videos